TECHNICIAN – TELEPHONE SYSTEMS & COMMUNICATIONS
Location: Kingston, ON
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Experience: At least 1 year
Relocation Covered: No
The successful candidate will provide network and telecom technical services including the installation, configuration, integration and support of Network and Telecom equipment. The candidate will be familiar with various platforms, technologies and manufacturers’ equipment, specifications, programming and capabilities, but specialize in Avaya IP Office products and implementations.
• This is a practical role that includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all related telephony and network hardware, software, and communication links at multiple customer sites.
• Assume responsibility as the lead resource for assigned accounts.
• Analyze and resolve basic to complex end user service issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
• The position will work closely with internal and external associates and customers to ensure environments are setup correctly and perform as expected.
• Knowledge of Phone Systems, Video Conferencing and Networking would be an asset, with a focus on Telecom/VoIP, LAN/WAN and Remote/Retail implementation and technology.
• 1+ Years of Telephony installation, configuration and support
• 1+ Years of Network installation, configuration and support
• Knowledge of Voice and IP Telephony technologies.
• Working knowledge of telecom/network cable infrastructures.
• Good understanding of technology concepts and design.
• Excellent customer service skills (comfortable with face to face and remote/telephone support).
• Experience in business software applications and tools (Email, Word, Excel, CRM).
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
• Ability to sit for extended periods at a keyboard to enter information and read displays.
• Ability to work during regularly scheduled and unscheduled evening and weekend hours to support ongoing implementation activities and remediation projects.
If you feel that you qualify for this position and want to apply: reference the position desired, include a cover letter and resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org – No Telephone Calls Please.